planet

Default JVC TV query

I have an old JVC television model AV-S250EKT. What is happening is that
usually only one pre-set channel can be viewed and usually in black/white.
Ocasionally tho' all pre-set channels can be viewed in colour. A friend
said there is a fault with the "memory box" and the TV is not holding the
pre-sets. Can anyone advise me of what this "memory box" is, what might be
another name for it? and would there be any still in existence? Or is
there some other part which might be more readily available that would fix
this problem? Any info greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Jeremy