If you have and if the show was broadcast in HD you might see the
brad head
sticking out. Also, in many cases what you think you see is not

really what
you see. His gun may not have brads in it at all and he is simply
demonstrating what can be done.

I don't have a HDTV; therefore, I didn't see the brad head sticking
out. May be I can justify purchasing a HDTV by telling my wife: "We
need a HDTV; then we can see the nail head sticking out in one of the
wookworking TV show."

Typically a nail gun will not shoot a nail much more than 1/8" past

the end
of the gun tip. If the center of the tip of the gun is farther away

you may
never sink a nail all the way. Also if you let the gun recoil the

nail will
not go in all the way. IIRC you need 90 lbs or more to fully sink a

nail on
most all woods.

This means I will never be able to sink the brad head into the wood if
I toe-nail, and I will need to use a nail-set if I really want to do
so. OK. Thanks.

Jay Chan