Jeff Wisnia

Ed Angell wrote:

Sorry for the OT post, but I don't know a better group of knowledgeable
folks to ask.

As long as a triac is run within it's published temperature limits, is there
any shortening of their life due to running warm ??

snipped

I've no hard data, but I sure think it's the way to bet.

The thermal expansion/contraction of repeated on-off cycles, tending to
make something "crack", coupled with the fact that chemical reactions
take place faster at higher temperatures, would make me think that lower
temperatures would make for longer life.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)