Tom Gardner

I don't know what I did wrong with my plastic case but it seems that metal
shielding is needed. I couldn't keep a monitor within 5' of the box and had
problems with the cordless phone on the desk. I'm all metal now.

"Todd Rich" wrote in message
Grady wrote:
Just wondering, what kind of temps your getting and what cpu and is it
overclocked? I am watercooling, and enjoy it so much more over air. Easy
16
degrees C cooler, and a whole lot quieter. Are you still using air to move
the heat off the sink on the warm side of the pelt?

I'm getting about 55°F-60°F (12-16°C), on a AMD 1600+, not overclocked,
mainly because my chip/mb combo isn't the best. However I'll be moving
to an A64 system designed to overclock in a few months, so I'm working
out the kinks in my cooling now.

I'm using a Danger Den Maze4-1 water cooling setup to cool the hot side of
the peltier. I've got a heater core that fits 2 120mm fans to dump the
heat into the air. I could go a lot cooler with a phase-change setup, but
one of the main reasons I got into watercooling in the first place was to
cut down on the noise. I'm also going to be building my own case because
even though I've got a full-tower, it routes all my hoses and cable
through a 3"x4" hole from the top to the bottom. I like room to work
around in, because I do a lot of incremental upgrading. Though the case
will be uv-reactive acrylic rather than metal.

Ob metal content:

I'm planning on machining out a new coldplate out of silver for it's
better thermal conductive properties. That might get me an extra couple
of degrees C.

Todd