Christian McArdle

and have assembled it without too much trouble. The problem is that
they say to use a solvent based microporous paint but I couldn't source
it anywhere. I tried B&Q, Screwfix and Ridgeons without any luck :-(

It should be easy enough to find. I believe International do some.

I ignored their requirement and painted with a solvent and water based
acrylic system (Dulux Weathershield) which consists of several layers.

1. Preservative primer (solvent)
2. Undercoat (solvent)
3. Acrylic satin top coat (water)

I don't like the appearance of oil based paints as they are too glossy and
I'm not convinced that they are much more durable than a quality water based
acrylic, although they are mechanically more tough. The preservative primer
first coat gives me more confidence in the system, too.

Christian.