Cynic

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 07:39:12 -0000, "Paul Nutteing"
wrote:

A small plastic box about 2 inches square roughly with a
wire and plug that you plug into your TV. If any
electronic bods know what possible technology
can do this with no power consumed I would be
most intrigued to discover.

In the case of an aerial it is possible. Aerials can be directional,
which provides a stronger signal with no power input. If an existing
aerial is not correctly matched to the impdance of the aerial input,
it is also possible to improve the signal by putting a matching
network (again, unpowered) between the aerial and the input.

I have no idea what the device in question is, I only give examples of
how reception can be improved by the use of a passive device.

--
Cynic