papo

Great! Nice to see someone who experienced the same thing.

Wonderful, I just read the "Sony KV-32XDR48" thread. I am not a electronics
guy but it sounds that its time to get a new TV. Wonderful, just
wonderful! :-

Will definitely talk to Sony about this. This TV was purchased in 1999

Thanks a million David!

-- Papo

"Dave Miller" wrote in message
I think that the problem could be the picture tube is failing. See the
topic " Sony KV-32XBR48 picture blinks on and off" for replies to the
question I posted in this group. One thing I noticed in the early days

when
the problem was not too bad was that if I tuned into the dish-network menu
page, the problem would go away. My guess is that is similar to what you
are seeing, and it occurs because the video is static and doesn't have

much
of the color that is failing on your tube. I am a little ticked off that

my
tube appears to be bad after only a little over 7 years of service. I

would
be irate if it happened after only 3 years. I am putting the oscilloscope
on my TV right now, but all the other symptoms match exactly what the
replies to my question said, and in fact, the problem does go away if you
turn up the G2 voltage a little as they suggest.

Maybe your tube has a longer warranty than the rest of the TV and you can
make them fix it.

Read the replies to my question posted in this same news group, and good
luck.

Best regards

Dave Miller

"papo" wrote in message
news
I have a problem with this Sony 35" Dual PIP/Trinitron TV and I need to
decide if I should put the expense to repair or a get a new TV.

Problem started within the first year 2002 where the video would just go
black. The sound is ok. At first, it was intermittent and you took your
chance then turning on the TV. But eventually, it went totally black.
Since it was under warranty, it was picked up and "repaired."

Authorized
service invoice indicated a "Flyback Transformer" was replaced.

When it was returned, it happen again. But strangely, it was not
repeatable.

In September 2004, we noticed it to begin happen again, and in December

it
went totally black. This time, being more savvy with the web, I

checked
the Sony web site and they had a FAQ showing the problem. The
recommendation of unplugging the TV for 30 seconds seemed to fix the
problem. The screen was back! Eventually, again, it went black.

We were in the process of moving into a new Home, so we wanted to get
settled before addressing the TV problem. We moved, put the TV in its

new
place, turned it on and for the entire month January 2005, it was

working
fine! But we never turned it off!!

Well, for the last week its has been going black now every 2-3 seconds.
If
you turn off the TV, it may stay black. Unplug it, you get the screen
back,
but with this 2-3 second blackout.

Here is the ODD thing. There are a channel that don't create this

problem.
In other words, if I put on channel 19, our local non-profit TV station
with
a "Bulletin Board" of town events, the 2-3 second blackout does not

occur.
Change the channel - the 2-3 secs blackout starts again. It is now 100%
repeatable.

How Strange!

Anyway, I guess I would like to know if this is a known problem. Could

it
be
repaired or I just swallow the lost of this TV and get another one?

One
thing for sure, I'm never buying Sony again.

Thanks in advance