Charlie Self

Silvan responds:

danbo wrote:

the manual so they can't tell me what I need to mount it. If anyone
has the manual or the fence and can tell me what I need (brackets,
nuts, etc) to install, I'll be most grateful.

It slides on something that bolts to the table. Bolts go through the table,
then into "something." There's a slit along the back of the extrusion, and
it slides over the threaded bits of the bolts, and is retained by this
"something." I can't remember if it was square head nuts, as suggested by
the other poster, or T-shaped nuts, or just regular hex nuts or what.

Square head nuts. I just re-assembled my TS3650 Ridgid, which uses essentially
the same fence. If you can't wait, you've got a problem. Get the Craftsman
manual, and order the parts: sizing with square nuts is one problem; finding
the suckers in any size at any reasonable local spot is another, at least in my
area. The square heads slide into a groove on the back of the extrusion. If the
table is not exactly flat in front, you'll need some brass shim stock, too. T
nuts PROBABLY won't work...most are too long in one dimension, too narrow in
the other.

Also, getting the length (IIRC, about 1-1/2" but don't take that to the bank)
right is a problem. You can measure the slot on the rear of the extrusion to
get the head size, but...length and shank diameter are then iffy (of course,
get 5/16", with 2" shank length and extra washers, if you really want to do it
without the manual, once you know the head size). You might be able to grind
down larger hex nuts into fairly decent simulated "square" nuts that would
work. Go oversize on the head and grind two flats down to the size you need.

Charlie Self
"I think we agree, the past is over." George W. Bush