Silvan

B a r r y wrote:

Larry Bud wrote:
Making a DVD cabinet, and was thinking of saving some $$ to use oak ply
for shelves and edge them. Anything wrong with this?

Only if you're selling it and representing it as solid wood, fine
furniture.

I'd say in this day and age "solid wood" could even include ply, as long as
it's real ply, with real veneer, and everything is tastefully done. I have
a $5 auction special desk made of solid oak, but some sections of the oak
are rotated perpendicular to other sections. I don't see that as a problem
quality wise. (Especially since I got it for $5. I've gloated about that
too many times in the past to re-gloat it though.) Except for the obvious
banding around the top, it's not at all obvious that any of it is ply.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/