Martin H. Eastburn

Aaron Kushner wrote:
DoN. Nichols wrote:

I'm amazed that this has not yet erupted into the traditional
"don't wear gloves in a machine shop" thread. Granted, you have
suggested that they were being used in wrenching on automobiles, not
running machine tools, but considering the newsgroup, at least one
caveat about wearing them while machining would seem to be reasonable.

Is there any problem wearing the blue nitrile gloves when using
machine tools?

Depends on what is being done. If turning and milling, then nitrile (a great glove)
glove might pose a danger if it is caught into the spinning work or tool. It won't
just tear off, it will pull in the hand.

It is like long sleeves or long un-kept hair.

If you can be sure to be away from moving stuff - then ok. Or willing to take the risk.

I use them when I use chemicals or when I want to protect my hands in non-moving times.

Martin

--
Martin Eastburn, Barbara Eastburn
@ home at Lion's Lair with our computer