workinprogress

Default Repair Or Replace Kitchen Cabinets?

I'm preparing to sell my house. It's a modest dwelling, 2br 1 bath. My
kitchen cabinets are slab particle board with a thin veneer. They look
"ok". Some parts have the veneer starting to come off if you look closely,
which a prospective buyer probably would. The bathroom vanity looks worse
as moisture has taken it's tool on the particle board; I'll probably just
replace that outright.

I'm just trying to get a feel for which direction I should go in the
kitchen. I've heard of cabinet refacing and if that would make it look
decent at a lower cost I'd go with that. I think I could install everything
myself even if I got all new cabinets. My main goal is that the house shows
well enough without me having to spend thousands of dollars that I won't get
back on resale.