Cory Lechner

Speedy Jim wrote in message ...
Howie wrote:
I'm installing a new dishwasher (not replacing) and I need to plumb in the
new sink as well. I bought a dishwasher hook-up kit. My questions:

1. Can I install the "dishwasher wye" on a horizontal run instead on the
vertical run (below one of the sink's tail pieces)? I want to install it
horizontally because the plumbing is too high to allow me to insert the wye
below the tail piece...

2. If I read the directions correctly it states to :

"Install dishwasher wye" on ABS drain pipe between sink bowls, using ABS
cement. Glue dishwasher fitting in place with branch facing up and towards
drain trap" ... I plan on doing this. Am I reading it right that it
can be horizontal?

3. I heard something about the drain having to be 20" above the floor,
correct? It will be about 21"...

Any comments / suggestions / tips / advice?

Howie

Should work just fine horizontal.
When you run the dishwasher hose, put a loop in it so that
the top of the hose is against the underside of the
countertop. That will help prevent siphoning into the
machine if you choose not to have an air-gap device.

Jim

I asked the same question on doityourself.com's community forum
"Household and Cleaning Appliances - Electric" ()