Dave Plowman (News)

In article .com,
Charlie wrote:
Can anybody recommend a decent telephone Extension Kit

Not really, since it's easier to just by the individual bits.

1) With an extension cable suitable for outdoor use (it's not practical
to run the cables internally)

Assuming you can shield it from direct sun and mechanical damage, ordinary
telephone cable will have a pretty long life outdoors.

2) Which does not have one of those adapters that you plug into the
face of your Master socket. I'd prefer to have the extension concealed
rather than a piggy back plug socket that goes straight back outside.

And quite right too.

Should I get a kit which has it's own little crimping tools like
Screwfix 19843 - http://tinyurl.com/5srrm
(I'm not intending to do this job again and would like to save money)

Trouble is those plastic tools are at best marginal compared to the real
thing. I've found they sometimes don't push the cable in fully.

Lastly am I correct in assuming that the piggy back adapter can be
stripped off, and the connection made inside the Master socket?

It would depend on the cable. If it's proper single strand stuff of the
correct diameter, yes. But some is stranded and won't make a decent
connection.

--
*Microsoft broke Volkswagen's record: They only made 21.4 million bugs.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.