Owain

"Charlie" wrote
| Can anybody recommend a decent telephone Extension Kit
| 1) With an extension cable suitable for outdoor use (it's not practical
| to run the cables internally)

None of the extension kits are suitable for use externally and most have
very poor quality cable.

try www.comtec-comms.com for exterior grade cable.

| 2) Which does not have one of those adapters that you plug into the
| face of your Master socket. I'd prefer to have the extension concealed
| rather than a piggy back plug socket that goes straight back outside.
| Lastly am I correct in assuming that the piggy back adapter can be
| stripped off, and the connection made inside the Master socket?

You can only connect your extension to the customer side terminals on the
removable front plate of a Linebox. If you have a slightly older
installation with a master socket (NOT a Linebox) then you MUST use a
plug-in connector. User installed extension wiring must be disconnectable
from the phone line to allow for testing and fault finding. The Linebox
incorporates that function.

Owain