papo

"TCS" wrote in message
On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 22:49:43 -0500, papo wrote:

There are lots of much better brands like toshiba. Even sanyo is likely

be an improvement over the sony.

Thanks for the suggestions: Toshiba and Sanyo.

Actually, I wouldn't suggest Sanyo; I was just pointing out that sony
ranks down near the bottom for reliability.

I'd look at brands like toshiba, panasonic, sylvania, sharp, perhaps jvc.

I'd
avoid sony as well as all the fly-by-night made-in-china brands showcased

at
walmart such as apex.

Ok, sorry I missed that.

Another related issue to advanced electronic components...

We have a lot of brownouts around here. I never considered it before, but I
see now our power company (FPL, Florida Power and Light) now recommends a
small UPS for a TV.

Make sense. Makes me think whether this was the cause of the problem with
my Sony or maybe the flaw in the TV was susceptible to frequent brownouts.

Good idea?

-- Papo