Alan Harriman

On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 18:23:29 -0800, Ray wrote:

But with the current 2-3 second blackout cycle, it effectively turns it off,
so I have to keep pressing MENU again to get to the display. I have to be
very fast to do anything, which of course, not much.

However, with the Channel 19 "oddity" where it doesn't blackout while it is
showing the simple bulletin menu, I have full access to the menu.

Papo,
Although your description doesn't match exactly, my first impression is
the closed caption function is turned on and blanking the screen on most
channels. Go to channel 19 (so the picture stays on) and into the menu. Locate
the closed caption function and turn it off.

That was my thought as well. Sounds like it's in text mode close
caption.

Alan Harriman

Ray