Doug Miller

In article , Tim Douglass wrote:

Of course not, but the original post was about quick growing firewood
trees, and the general response was that oak and hickory grow to
slowly to be considered quick-growing - as though there weren't any
other options if you are interested in firewood soon as opposed to the
best firewood possible. I have never burned either oak or hickory
except as the result of some unfortunate breakdown in woodworking
skills, so I can't even make a useful comparison, I simply point out
that if you want to grow trees to make heat there are a lot of
fast-growing options that will do the job.

With all due respect ... you're talking nonsense. There is NO species of tree
that grows fast enough that you can plant one (as the OP was asking) and get
firewood, good *or* bad, quickly -- even the rapid-growing hybrid poplars
take ten years before they reach firewood thickness (and they'll never be
firewood quality). The *only* way to get quick firewood is from trees that
have already been growing for a number of years. Anyone who thinks he can
plant and grow his own firewood is dreaming.

--
Regards,