Leo Van Der Loo

Hi Lynn

Lilac is nice turning wood
It's almost to nice for a beginner to slaughter G
Start turning it now before it al splits up.
And when you have finished turning something put it in a brown paper bag
to slow down the drying, gives the wood more time to change shape and
there is also less of a difference between the inside and outside
moisture level.

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

Lynn Coffelt wrote:

Yesterday I got some gift, newly cut Lilac trunk and limbs about 4 feet
long (badly misshapen, of course) and ranging in diameter from 3 to 6
inches.
Being an extreme novice woodturner, My question is whether this wood is
better used as turning material or fire wood?
Lynn, NW Washington State