DoN. Nichols

In article ,
Dave Hinz wrote:
On 8 Feb 2005 21:57:19 -0500, DoN. Nichols wrote:
In article ,
Dave Hinz wrote:

and advocacy aside, any good reason to pick Open over Free?

That is a good question. I don't use FreeBSD, so I can't do a
true comparison, but

(read and saved. Thank you for an obviously non-trivial amount of
time and advice, Don.)

You're welcome.

(huge snip))

I hope that this helps,

It does indeed. I need to build a mailhub, I'm thinking postfix,
and I'll give OpenBSD a shot. Thanks.

When you get there -- drop me an e-mail first. It obviously
does not belong on this newsgroup, but there are some interesting kinks
in the way sendmail is started and messages are inserted in OpenBSD.
And you will be setting this up as a replacement for sendmail, I
presume? I've not dealt with postfix. (Hmm ... maybe it is in the
packages tree already.)

I learned about these kinks in the process of setting up qmail
to replace sendmail.

Oh yes -- and is there a non-spamcop e-mail address for you?
I'll probably just drop things if I hit a challenge-and-response type of
service -- just general principles.

Enjoy,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564