Dick

On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 00:25:34 GMT, "JerseyMike"
wrote:

Others in our situation in our housing area have "saved" their leach
field by using a gray water system to give the leach area a "rest."

grey water is great if you intend on using it for watering and stuff, but
there is an odor to it and make sure you never, never drink it, even by
accident. i'd make sure you have a diff. color hose for it and even a sign
above the spigot so others will know it's not well or city water.

The regulations here are pretty strict. Can only be used for
irrigation. Must be contained on your property. Cannot pool. Must
have bypass back to sewer if clogged. Cannot be used for dishwasher,
kitchen sink or even washing machine if it is used for diapers.
System needs to be inspected, etc. etc. The rules go on and on.

Dick