Paul

Last summer they were repairing the mains on our street and connected us all
to a temporary main via rubber hoses during the repair work. The water
tasted terrible (like drinking out of a garden hose that sits in the sun
all day)

I didn't have time to do a lot of research, so I went to Home Depot and
grabbed the mid-priced GE dual-filter undercounter setup (under $100 IIRC).
Very happy with it, it took care of the taste/odor problem completely.

FWIW, I wouldn't necessarily have 100% faith in the municipal water supplies
anymore - seems to me there are more stories in the news lately about big
screwups in the distribution systems that cause temporary boil orders, etc.

-- Paul

"g" wrote in message ...
I'm thinking about an undersink water filter and have a few questions:

1) are they worth it?
2) do they work?
3) any recommondations or advice on what to avoid?

thanks in advance