Me

Default Newbie needs cement repair help

I have 3 small steps going outside of my house. The patio ground, made of
cement, is painted blue. The paint has faded,and I'd like to repaint.

Part of the cement is cracked. The part that is cracked is in an akward
spot. It's just where the step is level to going a little up, if that makes
sense. If you were walking down the steps and kicked the heel of your show
to the very back of the step, it is that area that is cracked.

I've patched interior walls in my house but never patched cement. Sometimes
in very small spots, I'll just use my index finger since a brush is too big.
This area is also very small.

What type of cement should I use to patch? Is any special type of brush
needed, or just smooth it out with a finger? Suggestions appreciated!