Gnube

Default life cycle of the ant?

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 18:06:24 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

I happen to think highly of ants.

So do I. I'm glad there's another supporter who doesn't want to kill
everything which is (usually wrongly) perceived as a nuisance.

I think they are smart and scary, however the day they started
damaging our building, they were going to lose - it's amazing how hard
they have resisted so far, but I keep on top of them for the most
part.

I've even left them to it on a part of the property they attacked
which would not have dire consequences if they carried on, but once
they cross my threshold, they are going to be terminated, and it seems
they have more or less learned that now they've had time to learn too!
They've even cut back severely on their scouting missions in our
direction.

That said I have no real problems with them or any other creatures as
long as they don't cross "the policy line" I have decided on - I even
peacefully evicted the same butterfly/moth this morning - 3 times (a
particularly dim one it seems!) and I threw it out twice yesterday!
Hardly cavalier treatment on my part! I explained to it that I was of
course pleased to see it, as it was a handsome beast, but it was
better off being elsewhere! I lined it up at the threshold, gave it
clearance and vector for departure, and off it went, eventually.

Take Care,
Gnube
{too thick for linux}