HerHusband

Default Storing Ladders (Ideas?)

Spring garage cleaning is coming soon, and I need to find a good way to
store my ladders in our garage.

I currently have my two extension ladders hanging on wall hooks, but this
wastes a lot of wall space. And, I've got two large step ladders I need to
store now too. So, hanging them all on the walls like that simply isn't an
option. I need all four ladders for various purposes around here, so I
can't get rid of any of them.

I could put two or more ladders on each set of hooks, but it's a real
hassle having to pull the front ladders off when you need the one in the
back (Been there... Done that...).

My garage ceiling is just under 10' high, and all but one of my ladders is
taller than that. So, standing them up vertically is not an option either.

One idea I saw used overhead rollers to store the ladders up near the
ceiling, above the garage doors. Unfortunately, this would tend to block
the lighting in my garage and reduce overhead clearance for woodworking. A
couple of my ladders are also quite heavy to be lifting up into overhead
racks.

Now I'm starting to think about storing the ladders flat on "shelves", or
maybe on their sides in a cart that could roll under a work table?

Can anyone suggest other ladder storage options?

Thanks,

Anthony