Norminn

Robert11 wrote:
Hello:

Wish to re-do the counter tops in a residence kitchen with something more
"modern".

Before I go looking seriously, thought I'd ask here first.

Could anyone comment, please, on the pros and cons of the
various materials being offered these days.

Such as:

Corian - Dupont
Zodiaq - also Dupont, I think
Natural Quartz

There are also several others on the market, I believe.

A lot depends on your plans, family size, etc. Corian is top-dollar, so
you wouldn't likely use it if you plan on moving in a couple of years or
if you have five pre-teens who make sandwiches on the counter. Old
cabinets? New? Going to keep cabinets forever? You can get a ballpark
estimate per running foot on installing Corian, granite, formica, etc.,
at the local box store. Then, when you know what you would end up
spending, you'll be able to narrow it down. I wouldn't put Corian in a
house with kids unless they are well trained, or in a rental. I don't
especially like it, as far as that goes. We just redid our kitchen (two
retirees) and it isn't Formica, but it will last forever, for us. )