Jim M

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all,

I just bought a house (25 years old, contemporary), and at least half
of the lights in the house don't work, some of the fluorescent fixtures
glow a little but not bright, and half of the filament lights are
blown. When I turn on some of the filament lights, they don't come on
smoothly, they flicker and struggle to stay constant brightness, and
the compact fluorescents have a hard time striking. I suspect I have a
fault somewhere. Shall I call an electrician? Is there something that
is a likely cause? Its pretty much the whole house, it seems.

Thanks for any help,

Dean

Hello Dean,
What's the temperature inside the house? If this house has been vacant
and had the heat turned down...that is your problem. Florescents hate cool
temperatures and are very groggy then.
If the house is warm, I suggest it will probably be your Florescent
ballasts that need to be changed out by an electrician. Hope that was of
some help.

Jim