Mike Hibbert

Stefek Zaba wrote:
Mike Hibbert wrote:

Yeah, got it now, William provided a link, looks quite a good concept.

Very kind of you to say so.

(Pauses to gather breath. And probably waste it.)
Snipped lots of wasted space

The majority of servers - Web, news, mail, DNS - certainly counted by
traffic, probably by number too - is open-source softwa Apache,
sendmail, cyrus, postfix, BIND, ... So is the stuff in your firewall
appliance. So is the OS these net-facing programs run on (Linux and the
BSD family outnumber Windows installations for those roles: see
www.netcraft.co.uk). Hell, that nice Mr Gates' first offerings of
Internet-aware software were cloned from BSD sources (typically enough,
with inadequate acknowledgment).

But until you endorsed the concept, it was just a silly idea. Now we can
carry building the Net's infrastructure, safe in the knowledge it's been
blessed by one such as you.

Oh for the days when September came but once a year...

Do you have to be quite so patronising? I wasn't "endorsing" it, I was
commenting on something I hadn't encountered before.

People like you make asking questions and learning new things a truly
unpleasent experience.

"Oh for the days when September came but once a year..."

Meaning what?