Default How to install Cat5 cabling into existing stud walls?

Hi all,

I am in the process of buying a bungalow, and want to install two or more
Cat5 ports into each room (and no, wireless ethernet alone won't do
because I want to run A/V over it - see avnex.co.uk - as well as POTS and
ethernet).

What's the best way of getting the Cat5 into the walls? I can get into the
ceiling easily enough. Any ideas? Best to just run the cable down the wall
and ignore it? Dig a narrow channel (not all the way through the board)
into the plasterboard and plaster over it? Suggestions?

Thanks,
Zane.