Andrew Rossmann

[This followup was posted to sci.electronics.repair and a copy was sent
to the cited author.]

In article , says...
Okay, it's a little weird.

I have a refurb Dell P991 (IIRC) monitor (19", flat trinitron). It has
a weird oily looking dirt on it which won't come off.

I note every other monitor like it I've seen (my local college has
dozens) also has it. It's largely only visible when the monitor's
powered down. It smears around when you try and clean it.

Is it purply/green looking? If so, that is actually the anti-glare
coating. Unless it affects the picture when the monitor is on, I
wouldn't worry about it. They are VERY sensitive to fingerprints,
though.

law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross