Andrew Gabriel

Default sequence of tripping CB

In article ,
PoP writes:
On 23 Mar 2004 11:10:11 GMT, (Andrew
Gabriel) wrote:

With difficulty, see:

http://phil.ipal.org/electric/switch-arc-1.mpg
http://phil.ipal.org/electric/switch-arc-2.mpg

Fcuk me!

I'm sure that's roughly what the guy walking away says just at the
end of the second clip, but I can't quite make out his exact words...

Thanks for that - very interesting!

There's another mpeg there of a substation transformer arcing away
and then blowing up...
http://phil.ipal.org/electric/transformer-explosion.mpg

So whilst we are on the subject of switching power lines, how do
different generating stations get themselves syncronised? I presume
two genny's are pumping power into the national grid at the same time,
and thus must be properly syncronised or else.....

I made some reference to it in this article in another newsgroup:
http://www.google.com/groups?selm=b7...net.uk.sun.com

--
Andrew Gabriel