Charlie Self

B Man responds:

Do what I do:

My fireplace burns quite nicely on skid wood.

I make regular pickups of skids from local merchants who are glad to be rid
of them. Every now and then, you even find some wood good enough to use in
the shop. Most of it is softwood, but hardwood isnt' uncommon. It's free
and it's a replaceable supply - you just have to spend 20 minutes with a
cordless circ saw out in the garage cutting it up.

PS - all my workshop "errors" end up in the fireplace too!

And most trucking companies will be delighted to let you pick up used pallets
and take them home. Just ask at the dispatch office. They have to pay to have
the stuff hauled away.

Charlie Self
"I think we agree, the past is over." George W. Bush