You could " fix " social security by increasing the payroll tax. But
that would not make it better. As it Social Security sucks. There is
no way my wife and I could live on Social Security. And I don't have a
problem with that. I knew that and saved and invested on my own.

What I have a problem with is that Social Security took my money via
payroll taxes and gives back so little. If I had been able to invest
one fourth of the money that went for payroll taxes, I would be getting
about twice as much now as I get from Social Security.

And some people are just getting by and can't save and invest as I did.
The government is taking their money and not investing it wisely.

Dan