Andy Asberry

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 11:10:21 -0600, "Robert Swinney"
wrote:

Wayne,

Many thanks for the great trip through your shop! It is always enjoyable to
see pictures of a "real" shop. I esp. enjoyed seeing the crafty clamp-down
techniques you used on the Abene mill; good examples of extending the
usefulness and working range of machines. The large pix files from the old
Spang catalog were terrific! That is the first time I ever saw any detailed
descriptions of cable-tool drill bits. I have seen some old books on
cable-tool drilling but none of them ever showed any detail of the actual
bits. Interestingly, it seemed that cable tool drilling rigs had no
circulating "mud" to remove cuttings. Is this correct?

Bob Swinney

No need me wasting words. This page describes it better.
http://www.oilhistory.com/pages/String/bailer.html