Dave Hinz

On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 16:50:01 GMT, Aaron Kushner wrote:
DoN. Nichols wrote:

I'm amazed that this has not yet erupted into the traditional
"don't wear gloves in a machine shop" thread. Granted, you have
suggested that they were being used in wrenching on automobiles, not
running machine tools, but considering the newsgroup, at least one
caveat about wearing them while machining would seem to be reasonable.

Is there any problem wearing the blue nitrile gloves when using
machine tools?

Well, they don't rip like latex gloves do. You can get 'em to rip,
but if it gets caught, it might pull you in. I wear them often
(EMT) and I don't think I'd want them around moving machinery. They're
just too strong to rely on them coming off or away in a problem.

Dave Hinz