Sam Nelson

Default Just seen another horror story

In article ,
"IMM" writes:
I see very liitle advantages in an old house. No insulation, damp etc.

Two-foot-thick stone walls; 200mm loft insulation (did it myself); fully
damp-coursed on renovation. It costs a little more to heat than the 1950s
semi we moved out of, but then the floor area is slightly more than doubled.
A relative's construction-management degree-course staff advocated putting up
with living in nothing built post-WW2 and ideally nothing built post-WW1.

Built out of Lego in a Playmobil street,
unless you're very choosy indeed.

A myth propagated by nasty Wimpey house of the 1960s. Most house in the UK
are built of brick and block and are far better built, and cost a fraction
to heat, than older houses.

Eh? I drive past nasty Lego developments being thrown up out of wood-frame
with brick cladding every flippin' day all---and they tend to be thrown up
fairly frequently on flood plain land. If you're ever in Stirling, I can
show you several such.
--
SAm.