David Moodie

Default drilling wall tiles

having recently tiled the bathroom I'm now looking to drill a few hole in
the tiles.

the problem being that the tiles are approx. 9mm think and are
limestone/porcelain.

It has taken about 30 mins to get one 6mm diameter hole done this morning
with a combination of a 6mm diamond tile cutter bit and a 6mm carbide tipped
SDS.

While the tile bit does slowly grind away at the tile this is a long and
laborious process, the bit used is new and a low drill speed was used.
keeping the area wet is a little difficult given that its half way up the
wall.

the current tile bits I've got were the cheap option, two for about the same
price as one Bosch tile bit. I wil probably at least try out th eothe
roption in my local B&Q but is there any merit in going for the tile bits
available at screwfix

given that one bosch tile drill is £6 in B&Q, these seem an expensive option
at £21, does anyone have any positive experience with them that could
justify the price, or are there any other suggestions for alterntive drills
bits?

cheers

David