Mike

which vent to use on a grage flat roof covered with tar paper?

Mike

"Art" wrote in message
k.net...
You need to keep an airgap. Typical job would require a ridgevent and
eave vents with special cardboard or foam inserts above the insulation so
the air can flow and keep the shingles a bit cooler and moisture a place
to go.

"Rob Hall" wrote in message
I have a question about venting a garage roof.
I am turning my detached garage into a woodworking shop. I am adding
heat
and ac and will thus insulate. I know that a building with an attic
space
needs to be vented. However, can I insulate right onto the roof, in
other
words, put the insulation right between the joists and right up against
the
roof sheeting? Or do I need to make an attic space and vent the roof?
Thanks
Rob
Through the golden door our children can walk into tomorrow with the
knowledge that no one can be denied the promise that is America.
~Ronald W. Reagan