Steve Rush

On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 19:13:19 +0000, Travis Jordan wrote:

toller wrote:
It takes a 53-64 mfd 220vac 30b0363 Fujitsu Towa no. gk-86

1) Any way to varify the capacitor is bad before replacing it? I put
an ohm meter across it, and it shows an open circuit, but since I have
never tested a good capacitor I don't know how much that proves.

Capacitor tester.

2) The manufacturer wants $20 for a replacement. Am I likely to find
one cheaper locally? Where, an electrical distributor?

Don't know about where you are, but you could buy one online.
http://www.surpluscenter.com/item.as...tname=electric

3) There are two red wires going to one contact and two blues going to
the other. Is a capacitor symetrical, so if I got my contacts
backwards it would be okay?

No, it would NOT be OK. The capacitor is polarized.

A polarized motor-starting capacitor?