Steve@carolinabreezehvac

"patliz1" wrote in message
ups.com...
sorry guys--I do have some brains--everything is working ok now, fan is
blowing the way it should be, new motor is exactly what was called for
in replacing exisitng fan. Did a lot of research on that one first. I
just like to make sure I get it right the first time--I rather ask
questions if i am not 100 percent sure just to confirm myself. I am
tired of paying a repair man a lot of money for something simple and
especially since it is hard to trust anybody these days. Just had my
house remodeled and I wish I did it myself, the workers were
terrible--no sense of pride in their work. Anyway the pdf file from
FASCO put it in a clearer picture. Thanks for the info anyway.

So, you didnt pay more than $29 for that motor right?

And no...that motor ISNT exactly what is called for on that unit. That is a
replacement, just like an AOSmith or GE, or the like makes.
A factory replacement has the same wires, same wiring color, and connections
if any on it. they also dont make you fab new harnesses.

Reason I know that motor isnt the right one, rather, a direct factory motor
is that around these parts, Rheem/Ruud used to be king, back before the
current owner of the dealership here now ruined the rep they had, and Rheem
is high on our replacement list.

Its also high on our scrap list...but glad you got it working, glad you are
satisfied with it, and glad you didnt have any problems....other than not
knowing how to wire it, and smart enough to ask for help.

Now....not being a smartass, but did you check the heat rise after you did
all this to insure you didnt overcorrect for an aged motor and adjust the
unit as needed to correct for more airflow?

If you didnt, honestly, you havent completed the job.