Steve@carolinabreezehvac

"Eldin Dino Kusturica" wrote in message
.com...
Hello everyone,

I am new homeowner and 1 1/2 year ago when I moved in, my lawn was
beautifull. Last year I killed my lawn (lack of knowledge how to move

lawn,
fertilizing, etc...). I didn't know anything about moving lawn, etc...
This year I would like to get my lawn in shape and to be again great and
green.
I saw some commercial about Zoysia plugs, so I don't need to errate,
fertilize and seed my lawn, just need to get those plugs and put them onto
my lawn. I was thinking to get something like this and have it installed
onto my lawn.
Or is it better to get the old way, errate and fertilize and overseed with
some nice grass seed like Bermuda or RTF...
When I need to get in touch with those guys or should I wait until end of
this month and begin of next month to do this project????
Is is better to do it DIY or contact some of local grass/lawn care
company's????
And how expensive are they??? Do I need to get in contract with them or is
it just ongoing basis???
I am located in Jamestown, (Triad area) NC, and would appreciate any

advice.

Very sincerely,

Dino

Zoyas here suck. Period. If you like your lawn to have a nice red and green
Christmas appearance for about 4 years, then by all means, go for it.
What you should do, is get a soil sample over to the Guilford County office
and allow them to test it. They will tell you what you are lacking, what you
need to do to prepare the bed, and suggest a few different grasses that will
do well in this climate.
Im not far from you and my grass has been mowed once since December....as
in, its still green, still growing, altho very slowly while the neighbors
yards are still dormant.
If you have a red clay issue where you are at, lime, lime, and more lime,
along with believe it or not, iron...altho the red clay gets its color from
iron oxides, you will still need to throw some down to really get that deep
green color.
Get over to the Extensions office, find out what they need to run a soil
sample for you, and let them know that you will be re-seeding and need some
advice on the soil content and what to do to improve it. The list you get
back might seem excessive, but if you follow it, your neighbors wil be
asking you in a season or two how in hell you keep it green so long...

BTW, a neighbor of mine tried the plug method....he did this 5 years ago.
there are still patches that look like a patchwork of grass.