patliz1

Default urgent help needed with fan motor today

I am replacing my fan motor now and there is an extra wire that I am
not sure what to do with. It is a replacement motor from AO Smith that
is replacing a motor in a Rheem 90+ imperial furnace--it has an extra
brown wire with white stripes. According to the diagram the white wire
goes to line 1 and the brown/white wire goes to the capacitor along
with the other brown wire. On the original motor the white wire went to
the capacitor, along with the brown wire. The motor has this message on
it " if a capacitor post is used to make common line 1 connection use
same post that brown lead with white stripe is connected to" Where do I
put the brown/white stripe wire?

Also, there are 4 other wires coming out of the motor--2 orange and 2
yellow. right now the orange is connected to the yellow and a yellow is
connected to an orange--this is for CWSE if I want CCWSE than orange to
orange and yellow to yellow. What does this mean--the direction of the
rotation?

Any help would be nice before the cold sets in tonight--thanks.