toller

"Travis Jordan" wrote in message
Travis Jordan wrote:
toller wrote:
3) There are two red wires going to one contact and two blues going
to the other. Is a capacitor symetrical, so if I got my contacts
backwards it would be okay?

No, it would NOT be OK. The capacitor is polarized.

I should have said "IF the capacitor is polarized". Some motor start
capacitors are non polarized. Check to see if the contacts are labeled
+ and -. If the capacitor is NON polarized, then it won't matter how
the wires are connected.

Thanks, $129 is a bit better than $20. For that price I can gamble.
This capacitor has no markings on it, so I guess it is non-polarized. On a
polarized capacitor, do the red or black wires go to +?