IMM

Default Just seen another horror story

"Sam Nelson" wrote in message
In article ,
Andrew McKay writes:

Once you have moved into a new house you never want to move into a
second hand house again.

I think I can top that. What you do is get someone to pick a ruin,

renovate
it throughout and then sell it to you for a reasonable price. That way

you
get old-house advantages

I see very liitle advantages in an old house. No insulation, damp etc.

We've done both, and the freshness of the new
property has to be seen to be believed.

Built out of Lego in a Playmobil street,
unless you're very choosy indeed.

A myth propagated by nasty Wimpey house of the 1960s. Most house in the UK
are built of brick and block and are far better built, and cost a fraction
to heat, than older houses.

There's a very unpleasant looking development going on not far from he
about a dozen `executive detached' going up wedged in between a petrol

station
and a railway line about to be reopened. They're `detached' in the sense
that they're each, oh, all of four feet from each other; they come with

about
ten feet of garden in between back window and railway; and the developers

want
240-310K for them in an area where 200K buys you a perfectly decent

early-C20
4-bed detached, as a rule.

Planning again. House should be allowed to be build on such small,plots.

---