Tom Watson

On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 17:55:58 GMT, "SteveW"
wrote:

I need to find a type of tree to plant that will give me good quality
firewood in a short amount of time. Someone mentioned Poplar to me. Does
anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks

Steve

Since you are a wooddorker, you must make sawdust.

"Pressed sawdust firelogs. These are made from tightly compressed 100%
pure wood sawdust, without the addition of waxes, chemicals or other
additives. Pound for pound, these give even more heat than natural
firewood – 8500 BTU per pound in comparison with 6400 BTU for natural
wood. They can be used in fireplaces, woodstoves, inserts, and
campfires. All in all, these firelogs give all the heat and more of
natural wood, and have the convenience of popular wax firelogs."

http://www.worldwise.com/firorfir.html

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 (webpage)