Mike Marlow

"Brian Barnson" wrote in message
news:0LXNd.318790$6l.98366@pd7tw2no...

"SteveW" wrote in message
. com...
I need to find a type of tree to plant that will give me good quality
firewood in a short amount of time. Someone mentioned Poplar to me.

Does
anyone have any recommendations?

Depends on where you live. Around here (Pacific Northwest) Alder
and Bigleaf Maple grow relatively quickly. Birch is wonderful for
firewood and Poplar is the nastiest wood I've ever split.
Brian, in Cedar

Birch is pretty firewood, but it all depends on what the OP is after - a
nice fireplace log or a good woodstove log. Birch is pretty much useless in
the woodstove, but it does produce some nice looking flames.
--

-Mike-