George

"Nate Perkins" wrote in message
25.201...
DIYGUY wrote in news:raUNd.380$I3.68
@bignews4.bellsouth.net:

Seems to me that FWW published an article some while back about how to
make a back for this very saw. Was rather involved with lots of cutouts
in some 1/4" plywood if I recall. It did allow for tilting the arbor.
Still had lots of holes but I guess it did enough of a good job that FWW
decided to write it up. Wish I could remember the year but then there
are lots of things I wish for in my dotage. Anyone with a library care
to enlighten us on the issue?

A search of the online index makes me wonder if it's the Nov/Dec issue of
2000 ... "Dust Proof Your Contractor's Saw" by Dick McDonough?

I'd like to build one of those. I guess it's time for a trip to the
library.

That's one. Depending on the age of your saw, might not work properly.
Sort of a combination of the new Delta sloped ramp and a loose plywood
cutout. Only one cutout, though, so it may not be the one the DIYGUY
recalls.