Dave in Fairfax

Keith Young wrote:
Dave
Generally I was not referring to woodturners such as Bill. Product
manufacturers are notorious for poor product instructions and sloppy
assembly instructions.Its a real wonder they sell as much as they do. I find
that woodturners in general are a helpful bunch, its the manufacturers that
bug me.Case in point are the number of woodturners who have purchased there
products after seeing their demos, and found there stuff difficult to use.
Demo's I might add that make there product look easy and simple to use.
Anyhow that's my 2 cents worth.

Happy Turning Everybody.
To: the guy who started this topic. Get a turner to assist you, to start
your hobby correctly. I did. Probably one of the best woodturners in NFLD.
To bad he moved to Ontario. Remember not everyone will be an artist, but
then art is in the eye of the beholder.

Keith, I *REALY* didn't think that you were referring to Bill,
it's OK. I've seen a ahndful of videos like the ones you
described . The look amazing until you figure out what's going
on, which is why I mentioned Bill's. I figure that the OP should
know about it and take a good long look at that possibility. I
totally agree with a person being better than a book or a video as
the way to go in learning. Much earlier in the thread I suggested
just that.

Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader