Dave Hinz

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 22:12:53 -0600, Tim Williams wrote:
"DoN. Nichols" wrote in message
Which, then, leaves an awful lot of systems wide open.

But hey, Linux would be just as bad if it had 90% of the market.

Nope. Every OS except Windows differentiates between the system's
files, and the user's files. Only Windows allows a user's actions
to break things the system relies on. It's a basic fundamental design
difference that makes everything but Windows not susceptable to viruses,
not popularity.

That's a
very large number of really stupid people. ("Compile my kernel? Y'mean go
get dinner from KFC?")

I haven't had to recompile a Linux kernel in about 8 years.

I'm not sure whether you want to lump me into that last
category, as I'm normally using Sun's Solaris and OpenBSD's unix, not
linux. :-)

Well, anyone who *thinks* they are enlightened enough to dodge M$
altogether...

....yes?