Mark & Juanita

On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 17:55:58 GMT, "SteveW" wrote:

I need to find a type of tree to plant that will give me good quality
firewood in a short amount of time. Someone mentioned Poplar to me. Does
anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks

Steve

Some ideas, probably not the best firewood, but it does burn and the trees
grow fast:

Fast growing: Chinese elm if it will survive the beetles (there are some
beetle-resistant trees out there). Quality of firewood is in the eye of the
beholder -- seems to burn reasonably well.

Cottonwood: grows fast, burns pretty fast, doesn't split, so much as
"slabs off" when breaking down larger trunks.

The absence of accidents does not mean the presence of safety

Army General Richard Cody