Ron - Home

I bought a Laserkerf brand laser for my makita 1013 about two years
ago. It's housing mounted and comes with well laid out instructions
for mounting. It's not a perfect system, but it's a nice option that I
use sometimes and am glad to have even though I have a carefully
constructed cutting station. My set-up involves a solid table with 8'
of t-track to one side and 4' to the other side. There are steel rules
epoxied into each track. Replete with flip stops for ease of use and
repeatability. Yet, I do use the laser when I'm cutting to pencil
marks. [BTW, the laser duplicates the saw kerf - either 1/8 or 3/32 -
so the laser doesn't obliterate the pencil line. You put the laser to
the EDGE of the pencil line.] So, I like having the laser. But for
$80 I'm just as happy adding it on myself and letting Makita do what
they do well. That 1013 is a fine saw!
ron